Monday, November 10, 2014

Brown, Clark and Hibsch, my Veteran Ancestors (52 Ancestors #40)

This is another article for the series "52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks", a challenge by Amy Johnson Crow on No Story Too Small.

By United States Department of Veterans Affairs;
Veterans Day National Committee
Public domain, via Wikimedia Commons

Happy Veteran's Day to my ancestors about whom I've already written and one who will soon be profiled. They served their country well in several wars.
  • Thomas Brown, my second great-grandfather, from Highland County, Ohio, served in the Civil War.
  • Adam Clark, my second great-uncle, from Adams County, Ohio, served in the Civil War.
  • Herman August Hibsch, my second great uncle, from Los Angeles County, California, served in the Spanish American War.
  • Robert Martin Hibsch, my father, from Sacramento, Sacramento County, California, served in WWII.
  • Alba William Hibsch, my grandfather, from Los Angeles County, California, served in WWI.
I offer a special tip of the hat to my uncle and brothers who are also honored veterans of the Korean War, Vietnam, and the Iraqi Wars.

Thankfully, they all returned home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments only take a moment and mean so much. Thanks!